GCSE History – Cambridge International (Option B)
The Cambridge International (Option B) course allows students to study both core content and a depth study. This allows students to be exposed to both the depth and breadth of modern history.
History remains one of the most popular GCSE subjects. It not only gives students an understanding of the past, but gives them new perspectives about how the modern world came into being.
In addition, a GCSE in history gives students the chance to master important critical thinking skills, learn how to construct robust historical narratives, and understand how to evaluate historical sources.
According to Cambridge International, this iGCSE in History aims to enable students to develop:
- an interest in and enthusiasm for learning about the past
- knowledge and understanding of individuals, people and societies in the past
- knowledge that is rooted in an understanding of the nature and use of historical evidence
- an understanding of key historical concepts: cause and consequence, change and continuity, and similarity and difference
- an understanding of international issues in history
- historical skills, including investigation, analysis, evaluation and communication skills
- a sound basis for further study and the pursuit of personal interest.